Saturday, July 02, 2011

I'm Painting as Fast as I Can!

Before
After













 I found a great spot this morning, but it seemed that each time I looked up from my painting, the scene was a bit different.  I knew the sun would change so I tried to capture the color notes quickly, but I was quite surprised by how fast the tide came in.  The sand exposed at low tide was a beautiful shade of mauve/purple and my favorite part of the scene.  So glad I had my camera because the sand disappeared so fast.  Plein air painting is so much better than working from photos, but it does have it's pros and cons
 

Pros                                                                        Cons
Getting up at 5 AM                                            Getting up at 5 AM
and beating the beach crowd

The tan is looking good!                                     Missing a spot when putting on sunscreen

Friendly people stop by to chat                          Friendly bugs stop by for a close look at the painting 
                                                                            and sometimes get stuck in it.

Surrounded by nature, the sound of                 No place to go when the effects of coffee kick in.
birds and the smell of wild roses.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great life to me, Beth! You are so fortunate to have that God-given talent of painting so beautifully!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Deb.