Friday, March 25, 2011

Painting with Ben and Sherwin

I've been painting every night this week with my buddies Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. Nothing against their consistent quality, but I'd rather be spending time with my best bud, Winsor Newton.  (Sounds like a sober George Thorogood song.)  Actually, I really do enjoy painting rooms and trim, even if the final result can't be framed and sold.  It can be exciting to transform the personality of a room or just refreshing years of wear and tear.  I can't have too much fun with color as this is a rental.  After 5 days of painting, I hope to find time to produce something "framable" for my big show at the RI Home Show.

2 comments:

Kathy Hodge said...

Being I have this whole Saturday free I was just thinking I could finally get the studio heated up and do some painting with your friend Mr. Newton and his buddies Mr. Williamsburg and Holland, but then remembered the half-painted walls in my hallway...waiting since I painted all that could be seen from the first floor in time for last Christmas.
Hmmm, maybe I'll do both today...like that ever works.
Looking forward to the Home Show next week!

Unknown said...

Kathy,
Say Hi to Ben and Sherwin. You'll have to introduce me to Mr. Williamsburg.