Saturday, March 12, 2011

Learning To Paint Like The Masters - Part 5 (finished!)

SOLD
I finally finished the "Lobster Pot" painting. (Woo Hoo!)  It was a longer process because of the glazing, but I like the effects achieved with the layers of colors.  I did revert back to my direct painting techniques for the tree and other smaller spots, but tried to stay true to the process for the rest.

The Lobster Pot is located in Provincetown, MA.  It is a motif photographed and painted many times, but I don't mind being among the masses.  This is such a lively painting with the vibrant reds against the glowing white building.  One of my favorites!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the privilege of having this wonderful painting in our home. For us, it was the everyday milling of people around an iconic representation of coastal New England- the lobster shack.
There is a deceiving simplicity of the painting at first glance and then the light and details draw one in for a closer look. At least it did for us! We found the painting at the wickford art festival. I remember seeing it on Beth's website and thinking,"wow, I really like that." Never did I think it would grace our home or that I would meet the artist of this beautiful work.
The beauty of this painting and others which grace our homes is that each is from a regional artist, someone who is connected to the area and has taken the inspiration and her talent to create art from everyday scenes.
Many thanks to Beth and we wish her continued success.
-Vance & Jennifer Kusaila

Unknown said...

Jennifer,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings. I'm very happy to be part of your collection.
- Beth