Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back to Still Lifes

Three Peaches
11x14 oil on linen
SOLD
There is something about a chill in the air that makes me start back with still life paintings.  "Three Peaches" is a new painting and "Blue Vase" is one was started last winter.  With the Scituate Art Festival looming, I thought I'd bring it to completion.  I like the peaches as they have nice negative shapes, light bridges and they kind of look fuzzy (enhanced by bad photo)  Blue Vase has lots of "roundness", but there are a few triangle shapes created by parts of the arrangement to break it up.  Now to get my camera fixed.
Blue Vase
9x12 oil on canvas panel
SOLD

2 comments:

Paula Anthony said...

Colors in both are beautiful and capture the tactile imagination. Can feel the almost "gone by" thought of the two on each side. Very, very nice.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Paula, for your insightful comments.