Sunday, August 26, 2012

Many Minis. More Monday?


Sandy Road
Occasionally, I love working on small paintings.  I can get a feeling of accomplishment in one evening.  Because I don't have the luxury of working at painting full time, evenings and weekends are the only times I can find any time.  I decided to paint as many little paintings as possible in two weeks.  I first primed about eight boards and then found images where I could use a similar palette.  A couple of summers back, I took many photos of dunes on Cape Cod, so these became my subjects.  Now I'm hooked on capturing the beautiful colors in sand; the shadows and highlights at different times of day. I've also used work by other artists who were quite successful at capturing these colors as inspiration.  (If interested, these are all $50 each)
Empty Beach
Afternoon Dunes
Falmouth Marsh
SOLD
Hazy Day
SOLD
Dune Fence
SOLD
Wild Roses
SOLD

No comments: