Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Not a Morning Person...

Scrub Pine
SOLD 
   but I will force myself to crawl out of bed at the crack of dawn for the right reasons.  Getting great reference photos is the best reason.  While visiting Provincetown, MA last summer, I was on the road before the sun came up.  Located at the tip of Cape Cod, this area is surrounded by ocean and light.

It rained the first three days of my trip, so I had to make the most of the little time left.  For me, early morning light is the most beautiful.  It always seems just a little softer than late afternoon light.  And you get some beautiful shadows.

Well, I finally got around to painting one of those special spots.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, well worth the wait. I know the spot and you really captured it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Maureen. I only wish I had more beautiful days like this.