Saturday, October 09, 2010

My Collection - Alice Benvie Gebhart

I realized today that every room in my house has at least one piece of original art, even the bathrooms.  Most are not mine.  Most are local artists and most are paintings, but also stained glass, art glass and sculpture.  I decided to share my collection, one piece at a time, and also share the artists.  Today's artist is Alice Benvie Gebhart.

Cold Nights City Lights
I usually buy art because of the connection I've made with the artist, as well as the art.  Alice was an exception, in a number of ways.  I had not met Alice and never saw the piece in person.  I've seen her work in various galleries and liked everything I saw.  I decided to visit her website and found a piece I liked more than those I saw in person.  With an email and a phone call, and my trust in people and intuition,  I was well rewarded.  The piece was more beautiful in person, as was the artist.

Alice is a Fused /Kiln Fired Glass Artist
If you would like to see more of Alice's work, her website is:
http://www.abgebhart.com/Alice_Benvie_Gebhart_Fused_Glass_Artist.html


2 comments:

Alice Benvie Gebhart said...

Gee thanks Beth. I'm so glad you like your piece.

Anonymous said...

I like the artist, too. A gem.