Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wet Paint

Fresh off the easel...  For now.  I say that because as I photographed this piece, I saw changes I needed to make.  So it will probably go back on the easel after a little bit more study.  This was a painting started last October and she has been staring at me wondering when she would be framed.  Sorry Dear, not quite yet.

Breast Stroke 18x24 Oil on canvas


I named this post "Wet Paint" because of a strange dream I had last night.  I was photographing this painting and kept bumping into furniture, brushing against the painting, etc.. I was getting paint all over the place and ruining the painting.  It may have been a premonition as just as I finished the painting, it tipped off the easel.  Luckily, there was just minimal damage.

I think the real reason for the dream is because I have four other paintings in progress.  Where I paint is only 8x8 so I've been careful about where I step.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found out this cutie won 1st place at the East Greenwich Art Club Annual Member's Exhibit. Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

It was destiny!!! And a fine one at that!

Dan said...

Congrats, Beth. It is a wonderful piece!

Unknown said...

Vincent van Gogh was the famous Dutch artist who painted the Starry Night. While Van Gogh might have only sold a single painting, his thoughts and brilliance are accredited through this one painting only. In addition to being one of the most famous paintings of all times, Starry Night is reputed for being one of the popular images in the contemporary art culture.
Starry Night depicts a small village in the city of Saint-Remy beneath a swirling sky. Unknown to most people, the village is being viewed at an angle from an asylum. please visit http://www.wahooart.com