Sunday, January 20, 2013

Prepping for a Solo Show


Marble Canyon II
Warm Kitty
Katie in the Pool
I'm going back to the wonderful town of Clinton Connecticut for my second annual solo show at the Henry Carter Hull Library.  I found many, many new collectors last year, so I'm trying to create as much new work as possible this year.

This library has wonderful exhibit space for larger paintings, so I've painted two on the largest canvas I've attempted so far.  I'm also trying to have a nice variety of subject matter.  There are six more paintings "on the easel" in various stages of progress.  My goal is to finish them all, but realistically, a few may be left behind.

It's good to have deadlines.

White Anthurium
Lifeguard Chair

Coffee Break

2 comments:

Kathy Hodge said...

sounds like a new career path! I love the underwater portrait!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kathy. I "borrowed" the photo because I wanted to try capturing the skin tones altered by the blue of the pool. My palette was covered by some strange color mixtures that worked well on the canvas.