Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kate Who???

Those of you who know my sense of fashion (or lack there of) will probably be surprised by my latest purchase.  I also don't have a lifestyle where I have much opportunity to use cute little evening bags.  But I do have a collection of art from local artists in a variety of media.

When I first saw Kent Stetson's bags, I fell in love with most all of them.  I had a hard time justifying buying even one because I was thinking of them as purely functional.  Kent mentioned that one of his customers bought one just to display, and that was all I needed to hear.  His bags are a form of 3 dimensional art worthy to sit amongst my paintings, pottery, rugs and art glass.  They are fun, tactile, and well made. They sparkle, shine or shimmer, and they are all his designs.  His background as an artist has found a new outlet in his bags.  I've been remiss about spotlighting artists from my collection; Kent's bags have got me back into that mode.  (And I will find reasons to use these bags as well as put them on display.)

So who needs a Kate Spade when you have a Kent Stetson.  Check out his Etsy shop if you want to be chic and hip (like me!).

1 comment:

Anything Goes said...

I'd love to be as hip & chic as you, Beth! And those bags are gorgeous!!